Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Preparatory... Before the beginning!

Hello everyone!
This is Ricardo Falcon from itSELF and from today I´m going to keep you updated.

Most of people think that have a band is just plug the guitar and go up to the stage and that the things are easy, considering you have a king´s life, bla bla bla...

Wrong!

All our difficulties to make this tour real started when we had more than 7 concerts cancelled, remaining less than a month to the beginning of tour. So it started a process called "Rushing against time" and I think it worked. With a lot of people helping us we achieved our goal re-booking these concerts.

Easy till now?

Let´s talk about that we´re brazilian (I´m the only one with double citizen) and then begins another nightmare: Foreign immigration.

Which was the plan?

As I live in Spain, Barcelona, I invited Estevan Furlan (drums/vocals) and Jonathas Peschiera (Bass) to come into my house to know Barcelona, do some rehearsals before the tour kickoff.
Guess what? Yes... They were considered as inadmissible passagers in Madrid (without a concret reason, in my opinion it was just a xenophobic act).
They paid by the unjust.
But this wasn´t a moment to cry and think that everything was over. As Marcin from Mythrone promotion wrote to me:
"Your determination and improvisatione are most important things in this "business""

So We had to think about in a second plan. Great! We bought another 2 flight tickets directly to Frankfurt, where I am right now at this moment.
To brace it, some letter invitations from some promoters may help if something goes wrong.

I´m very positive and nothing will go wrong now. They´ll arrive tomorrow and friday we´ll get our van with Lukasz and the backline at Gate to Hell. After that we´ll be ready to kick ass and go to Wermelskirchen for our 1st gig with Rotten Sound.

While the tour doesn´t start, I´m rehearsing alone and drinking some Franziskaners. 

Anxious to post some pics and videos after the Friday´s concert.

See you soon,

Ricardo Falcon

No comments:

Post a Comment